Re: HYB: oldies-sidebar

  • Subject: Re: HYB: oldies-sidebar
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:10:10 -0700 (PDT)

I like the tone of yellow in your seedling... it's a lot like my
sunny yellow seedling.

I'm a bit confused.  When I look at your seedlings
pedigree I see;
yellow seedling: White named cultivar X pink seedling: (pink
named cultivar x pink over lavender bitone named cultivar)

This seems very
odd to me, but it is at least related to the question I was asking the other
day about color genetics.

Is there anyone out there who can run through the
basic color genetics at play in this pedigree?  I would assume Immortality is
iiii for I inhibitor, and that the fall color on Celebration Song is affected
by I inhibitor at some level.  Are there any guesses how a yellow seedling
resulted from a pedigree that appears to be weighted for pink?