Re: Re: HYB: help - I. pallida crosses

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: help - I. pallida crosses
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

for the horse to weed?

________________________________
From: Linda Mann
<lmann@lock-net.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008
7:52:42 AM
Subject: [iris] Re: HYB: help - I. pallida crosses

Seems like I've
never gotten any pollen on pallida here, but maybe some on the kids.  I will
have to let these things grow a few years to see which ones are the best clump
formers.

On the other hand, I have a few cooperative "modern" (i.e., tet)
non-rebloom seedlings that have been good clumpers, and have at least one
cross with IMM that makes stalks like crazy.  And is totally uncooperative
about producing children!

The more I think about it, the less I see that
these kids might have to offer my breeding program, but I will plant a few
around the edges of the rows for the horse to weed in case I change my mind in
the future.

<if pallida X IMMORTALITY isn't an option, you might want to
still consider trying pallida pollen on IMMORTALITY.>
-- Linda Mann east
Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris Society
<http://www.DiscoverET.org/etis>