From: Linda Mann
<lmann@lock-net.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008
8:49:52 AM
Subject: [iris] CULT: Schreiners' roots

Of the new & newish TBs
that arrived from Schreiners lately, COUNTY CORK
and MEDICI PRINCE really put
on the new root growth in their temporary
holding (window box full of Miracle
Gro potting mix).  Finally got
enough seedlings in the ground to free up
enough pots to get them moved
to their "permanent" home yesterday.

Only one
or two new roots each on the others, but COUNTY CORK really
went to town.  CC
is one that caught my eye at the Portland Convention a
few years ago as
having some breeding potential for my stuff - very
pleased to see all that
fast root growth!

COUNTY CORK  (Schreiner, R. 2006) Sdlg. JJ 1305-A. TB, 36"
(91 cm), M
Lime yellow (RHS 1C) self; beards yellow in throat, lime at end. EE
927-C: (Starlight Express x Salmon Band) X Magical Encounter. Roris,
Schreiner 2007
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris