[iris] HYB: help - I. pallida crosses

With apologies for talking too much again, I need some advice, thoughts, comments about my old I. pallida seedlings.

They were taking up a lot of space that I wanted to use for the current crop of seedlings, so I dug them all. Then comments here (photos) about how little the genetic diversity of bearded species is actually represented in current 'bloodlines' made me wonder whether maybe I should find a place to put these and try a little harder to make some crosses with them.

They are all various shades of blue, no notes on pollen parent, but they are probably X CARIBBEAN DREAM. Very late freeze/drought/deluge/dew tolerant, and have pallida's willingness to keep blooming without being dug and re-set.

Near as I can tell from rummaging through TWOI, the online database, and my big stack of notes from chasing down pedigrees several years back, I. pallida is rarely represented in the pedigrees of modern TBs - goes back to an unknown number of crosses in the 1700 & 1800s (?), a few more in the early part of the last century, plus a couple I found in the 1940s (Fay pallida pinks and G.P. Brown rebloomers). All pretty diluted contributions!

Any thoughts on whether or not it's worth putting effort into trying to use these seedlings?

Right now, they are in a big heap out by the garden rows, waiting to be compost.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8