From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
To: iris@hort.net
Sent: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 7:43 am
Subject: [iris] REB: leaf blades/fan VIOLET MIRACLE, etc

Probably won't stay warm long enough for it to open, but apparently the bucket of water I dumped on the clump of VIOLET MIRACLE was enough to get it to try to bloom. Another one with 12 leaf blades (8 + 4).?
?
Betty, your STAR GATE opened a beautiful bloom after being heavily frosted in bud for two nights, kept its beauty after being open and heavily frosted again. THEME MASTER has continued to bloom like crazy thru it all, and stalks on VANISHING ACT seem to be determined to at least keep trying to reach maturity. Frost hasn't slowed down their growth any.?
?
Sorry, Chuck, I haven't counted leaf blades on those yet.?
-- Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8?
East Tennessee Iris Society <http://www.DiscoverET.org/etis>?
Region 7, Kentucky-Tennessee <http://www.aisregion7.org>?
American Iris Society web site <http://www.irises.org>?
talk archives: <http://www.hort.net/lists/iris-talk/>?