Re: [iris] HYB: help - I. pallida crosses

I think that is a valid question.  I am working toward that goal myself.  This may either encourage you to drop it all together or keep pushing on.  I guess it depends on your ultimate goal and how you want the seedlings to work into the TB bloodlines.  I am working on directly incorporating them into TB lines by doubling their chromosomes and making the crosses.  It is your hope to have crossed a TB onto a diploid and hope for fertility.  Have you found any fertility in the seedlings?  If they are fertile there is a lot of work and chance of success slim.  That could also require a lot of plant material (stock and seedlings both) to do so as well as sacrificing your needed space.  I'm not discouraging you in anyway as it can be accomplished.  It's a matter of the reality of the amount of time, effort and space required.

Maybe someone would like to take them over for you?

Paul Archer
Indianapolis, IN  Zone 5