CULT: community display garden

  • Subject: CULT: community display garden
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 18:02:34 -0400

I just joined a local, small garden club after giving a presentation on irises. They were very enthusiastic and asked me to plan a display garden for the grounds of our historic courthouse in downtown Kingston (population ~5000, according to the web) TN.

No young members in this group, tho some still actively garden.

I'd be very interested in hearing from those of you who have participated in planning and care for a display garden, esp pitfalls to avoid, suggestions for what to be sure to do, etc.

There is a small gazebo on the courthouse grounds, and a very small planting of Iris pallida along the stone retaining wall that follows the sidewalk, which is about 4 ft below the level of the courthouse grounds.

Thanks in advance.

Linda Mann
Roane County, TN