Re: Re: CULT: Community display garden

  • Subject: Re: Re: CULT: Community display garden
  • From: autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:43:43 -0400

<<I think the garden club has agreed that planting along the retaining
wall will be an ideal location for it>>

If the group wants a planting that is just a display garden, with no
digging for sales etc.?  Measure the length of the wall & divide by 2.5
ft.  I find this to be a good distance for strong healthy plants.
Start with under 30 plants and see how it goes.  You can always plant
more later if the group votes to do so.

You can mulch some between the clumps in the beginning.  If you want
instant clumps, plant three each.  This is how I handle my personal
display bed since I have only me to weed etc..

Betty Wilkerson