Re: Re: HYB: pigment question?
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: pigment question?
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 08:47:04 -0400 (EDT)

 An example would be a white iris with tangerine beard. So far all tangerine?
plants at least have tangerine in throat part of beard. but petals still have
the plant's tangerine genes, but doesn't show pink (lycopene)

Having genes doesn't mean that trait? is shown.? There may be an upstream
blockage of pigment.? For another example, Laced Cotton.? this is a plicata
genotype, but a white phenotype.

Chuck Chapman