Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
  • From: Betty Wilkerson <101n@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 16:41:32 -0400

May be a matter of neuances, but . . . just because something doesn't rebloom
in your yard doesn't mean they aren't rebloomers.   My opinion.  'Forever
Blue' doesn't rebloom here, but I don't question that it is a rebloomer . . .
for you and others.

<<A once off event  of rebloom is exciting, and
worth noting , but
doesn't make that plant a rebloomer for  me.  I have over
the years
have had a good number of  oncers put up an out of season or even
twice
a year bloom. these things can and do happen. <<<<

Doesn't make it a
rebloomer  as far as I'm concerned.>>

'Victoria Falls' did fall bloom for me
in Alvaton, in the 90's.  It grew over 40 inches tall and I quit counting at
18 buds.  Don't think it has done this since.  It's my opinion that it's been
proven to be a plus when breeding rebloomers.  It contributed height,
branching and improved flower form.  Maybe there was another path?  Maybe even
a better path, but nothing else has proven to measure up.

Betty Wilkerson
Zone 6 KY
autmirislvr@aol.com