From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
To: iris <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 4:21 pm
Subject: [iris] REB: rebloom

One strong "summer" bloomer here is

OXMOOR HILLS (James Ennenga, R. 2003) Sdlg. E-90-31-1. TB, 30" (76 cm),
E & RE
    S. violet blue (RHS 90B); Violet Music X E-85-11-1: (Autumn Bugler
x Sea Wolf). Ennenga 2004.

In town, 5 miles from me, on decent soil it puts up stalks all summer
when watered and fertilized. It was bred and selected in Knoxville, TN,
about 50 miles from me, on top of a hill in clay subsoil.

Violet Music is Violet Miracle X Victoria Falls.  Violet Music is a
reliable rebloomer.  Victoria Falls is a sporadic rebloomer (never has
rebloomed here & I've had it for >20 yrs)

I don't grow Autumn Bugler, don't know anything about it, other than
that it's listed as a rebloomer.

Sea Wolf is not a rebloomer, Navy Strut X Mystique, both sporadic
rebloomers somewhere, presumably "coastal zone 8"

So here's one example of a lot of coastal zone 8 (or possibly zone 7)
sporadic rebloomers combing in one pedigree to make a strong rebloomer
in this area. Would it bloom so continuously farther north? I don't know.

Linda Mann east TN zone 7b USA