Re: Re:unsubscribe
iris@hort.net

unsubscibe

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Geneva Coats <4e56e7df1@rewrite.hort.net>
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 14:16:29 -0400

Chuck, I am new to all this and since I live in California, we do have a long
blooming season. However, I live in the inland valley where it freezes at
night for about two months every year, and the summers can approach 110
degrees. I do not have a "coastal" climate here, nor do most people in
California. Granted, we are not in a "Deep freeze" area like the midwest or
east coast, but there are many plants that can be grown in a true coastal
climate that can't survive here in the inland valley where I live. I suspect
that the TN-KY area may have a climate somewhere in between the two extremes
(mu husband is from western Kentucky)
?
?
I would be interested in knowing
some examples of plants that are "cyclic" rebloomers as opposed to
"facilitative vernalization" rebloomers. Do you have specific cultivars that
you have found good to work with?
?
I just recently joined the Reblooming
Iris Society. Would that sort of information be listed in the book that they
offer for sale?
?
Thanks! Geneva