Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
  • Subject: Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 06:52:32 -0400

I've posted photos of two on facebook, will put them up in photos.

One with color is from Imm, Celebration Song, Golden Apple, Crystal Glitters, & Decadence. It has only rebloomed once, so would not be a rebloomer by Chuck's definition. We had record low temperatures several times this summer, so I suspect it would be a rebloomer by Chuck's definition in a colder climate. I'm sending a piece of it to Mary Lou in ..one of those I states - Indiana? Illinois? to find out.

One with form is from IMM, IMM, and Treasured.

One with massive early rebloom from Oxmoor Hills X Gate of Heaven.

I have just started seriously breeding back to recapture rebloom, retaining form, not really started on color yet. Some promising seedling breeding material from Gypsy Lord, Mastery, Center Ice, Ming Lord, Jazz Band, Crazy For You, Dusky Challenger, Easy Living, Decadence, Absolute Treasure, Rio, Final Episode etc.

This is definitely <not> a one generation breeding program. I will turn 69 soon, hope to achieve a few more goals before I can no longer do this, but it gets harder and harder to do stuff. And the bad breeding seasons like this past one don't help.