Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: classifying as a Rebloomer
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 17:36:46 -0400

Interacting genes and suites of genes that travel together, especially for these upper/lower/duration of temperature genes.

Could it be that Forever Blue has the same broken (rebloom) genes as the CA type, but just grow to maturity so much faster that the intervals are much much shorter? Plus possibly some upper and lower optimal temperature threshold differences.

Where did you get the 5 months needed after bud set?

Seems like my seedlings have a pretty wide range of growth rates. I don't mean rate of producing new increases, but rate of increase in size of leaf blades, production of new leaf blades. Be fun to see comparative time lapse photos of fan growth for different genetic mixes.

On 10/6/2014 3:04 PM, Chuck Chapman wrote:
There are many genes involved in preventing out of season bloom. A
possible rebloomer for each mutant.   Actually I suspect several genes
interacting.