From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
To: iris <iris@hort.net>
Sent: Sun, Oct 19, 2014 5:02 pm
Subject: Re: [iris] HYB: stalk inheritance

Thanks Chuck.  I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case.

In your experience (or what you've heard from others), does maternal
influence skew the distribution towards that of the pod parent?

The one experimental cross I made years ago used the short, stocky plant with high bud count as pod parent, & none of the babies had skinny bendy
stalks.  Or at least that's how I remember it ;-)  That made me think
that maybe pod and pod parents might have greater influence than the
pollen side.  Sample of one ;-)

Linda Mann east TN zone 7