New Trillium species discovered

Re: Re: REB: Rebloom report
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Re: REB: Rebloom report
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:13:04 -0400

Ask you can guess from the years of the crosses, some of these are maiden bloom.

The 2013 cross is definitely maiden.

Not sure about most of the 2011 & 2012 crosses, especially the ones that are blooming now. Most of the early bloom this year was killed by late freeze, so I haven't seen many of these bloom before, but it may not technically be maiden bloom.

Several of the 2011 crosses bloomed last fall.

At least one of them (Oxmoor Hills X Gate of Heaven) doesn't have the frost resistance that the IMM descendants do. This long cool wet very late fall is giving me a chance to see a <lot> of bloom from them. They sure do put up the stalks!