Re: REB: HYB:question - inheritance of higher temperature triggers
  • Subject: Re: REB: HYB:question - inheritance of higher temperature triggers
  • From: Phloid <4390a9e81@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:29:53 -0400

Glad to see Linda state some matters the way she did in last post. Folks probably have been saying it multiple times before; I just didn't grab the lingo. Her mention of the record nightly lows this summer struck a chord. July was downright strangely cool here day and night. And true for any year, being in a mountain environment, even though I am in eastern Zone 6/7 my nightly lows in the growing season are lower than those of z 6/7 at lower elevations.

I've been scratching my naive head about the overall nature of my year's rebloom across the board. Some dependables, e.g. IMM, underperforming. Rebloom times at odd jive between Linda in Z7 and Betty in Z6. My 2 y.o Among Friends, well we saw that got a reaction. 1 y.o Western Hills has rebloomed since late Sept. It has stalks on the way to freezing. One Z6 report in the '12 RIS checklist but how often does it happen? 1 y.o. Autumn Sunset (Lapham 1939) a nice stalk when the RIS cl only has Z8. Then this one really blows my mind - my 1 y.o. At Dawning (Kirland 1935) is in rebloom right now. The source is very reliable on labels and tells me it has rebloomed for them in California Z8/9 on rare occasion. One "off'er" is over lookable, but do several offer a study point? Like Linda asks, how long before I see this type of rebloom year again? Eager to see the compiled RIS reports.

Shaub, Z6b NC