Re: REB: HYB:question - inheritance of higher temperature triggers
iris@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: REB: HYB:question - inheritance of higher temperature triggers
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 07:38:45 -0400

I wish I could remember when the first rebloom checklist was compiled. I suspect it wasn't until relatively recently. Maybe late 1940s at the earliest? Ok, so that's more than 50 yrs for folks to report rebloom on older things. Maybe by the time a lot of people were reporting rebloom, the older ones weren't being as widely grown?

As for Crimson King, it may be significant that it's only reported from warmer areas. It may not be very cold hardy. Plus it's a very late fall/very early spring bloomer, so bloom may be frozen out most years in a lot of the country.