Re: Re: REB: checklist
  • Subject: Re: Re: REB: checklist
  • From: Linda Mann <101l@rewrite.hort.net>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:55:53 -0400

Thanks Chuck.

I wonder if that was the first one. I was really surprised to learn that RIS wasn't formed until 1967. 3 yrs before I moved here and started trying to figure out why so many irises didn't like it here.

Especially surprising since one of the first purchases of irises from a 'real' iris grower was in the early 1970s, and they sent me quite a nice selection of rebloomers. From New Mexico, no less. Perfume Counter, Sign of Leo (both of which I still have), several 'Duets', etc. I got the mistaken idea that was a commonly available type of iris ;-)