Re: Red Reblooming TBs...LADY FRIEND

> If I remember correctly Lady Friend won Queen of the Show here in the main
>> show in 1995.  Although the rebloom is less reliable than some she
averages
>2
>> out of 3 years for me.
>
>I've only had Lady Friend for a year and it didn't rebloom this year, but
>I'll
>have to watch it next year.

LADY FRIEND does not rebloom in the East and North, or if it has it has been
a mighty rare event.  It definitely won Queen of Show in Pennsylvania this
year...I know 'cause I was one of the judges and it was a beautiful stalk
exhibited by Hal Griffie.

LADY FRIEND is one of those outstanding irises which is both a great
performer in the garden here in the East and a great show stalk producer.
 The color, a unique shade of "red" when introduced, is still fairly rare and
great for providing a mass of color.   This iris also has a reputation for
producing very unusual and good seedlings.  Although some people bemoan its
lack of fancy ruffles and lace, I find its form outstanding, and its
durability in bad weather is a great asset. I consider LADY FRIEND a far
better iris than many which have won the Dykes Memorial Medal.  Clarence
Mahan in VA