Re: Wabash

Arnold writes...

>I've taken pictures of the other
>one, but they never show color true enough to be of much help to
>somebody who'd just see the picture.  Larry Harder, who knows more of
>iris and can identify more iris than anybody I know, has seen mine
>and couldn't help me, either.  But, maybe somebody someday.....

If Larry Harder has seen the iris in question growing, this is futile -- he
wouldn't miss on any of the obivious. But...if he has only seen a picture
there is a chance.

Look at the NEWS section of the HIPS web page -- I have placed a link to an
iris that is, hopefully, a start on identifying your unknown which is
similar to WABASH. The iris depicted on the HIPS page is one of the most
likely-to-be-found old amoenas in your area. [HIPS page --
http://www.tricities.net/  ]

At least it is a start -- you can describe how your unknown differs from
the photo of WABASH and whether it is close to AMIGO.

Best regards,

Mike Lowe, mikelowe@tricities.net
South Central Virginia, USA
USDA Zone 7A, pH-5.4,  very sandy loam
185 to 205 frost free growing days per year