What we do, full listing

Here is the listing to date, it is 10 pages, but full of delightful information!

I'm a programmer analyst for a defense contracter.  I read all of my iris
messages at work.
Suzette Guay

Ecological research (part time, so I can take care of my geriatric quarter
horse, irises, and nurse my allergic self a little better) at Oak Ridge
National Laboratory (governement sponsored lab operated by a private company
(Lockheed Martin))
Linda Mann

I'm a reluctant college professor, seeking a way out.  I am also a writer and
graphic artist, specializing in identity packages for small businesses just
starting out.  But next summer I'm going to work for the local nursery!
Carol Wallace

I'm a college teacher of history, taught high school earlier.
Arnold Koekkoek in NW Iowa

I do instructional computing support, helping students and faculty to use
computing and related technologies in their instruction at Miami U.
Jim Wilson

I'm a technical writer/editor. I used to be a professor of physics and
astronomy, if that counts.
Tom Tadfor Little,    Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM

I work for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation - the folks
who insure your deposits in member banks and thrifts. I work in the
Liquidation Division which means I am deployed when a member institution is
declared insolvent. I've been doing this for 14 years.
Lesylee Sullivan  Atlanta, Georgia

I work as a cataloger of serial publications at the Library of Congress in
Washington, D.C.
Lois Rose in Central Virginia

I am an independent consultant in high technology marketing, strategic and
product planning, and patent litigation. (and I spend way too much time on
John Jones, Fremont CA,

I'm a computer geek by trade.  Well, actually, I was originally
trained as a classical musician - a singer (opera, oratorio, that sort of
thing).  But, to keep body and soul together after college, I took up
computers.  I've proceeded from programming (on MVS mainframe  computers, no
less) to running Marketing for computer software  companies over the last 18
years or so.  smarkham@meridianmktg.com

I'm an Executive Secretary in a Catholic Hospital.  It's NOT a boring job. The
first time I read someone's medical chart and saw the doctor's notation that
read "mother is S.O.B.", I was incensed!  Turns out that that is actually a
medical abbreviation for "short of breath"
Kathy Guest

I am a software engineer, although educated in math, physics, and space
physics.  I've been at the Jet Propulsion Lab for almost 20 years, and my
current title is System Flight Software Engineer on the Galileo project,
trying to make the world safe for data from Jupiter.
Gerry Snyder

I am an Associate Dean of Curriculum Services at a community  college in North

I make a living doing scientific research into the use of nematodes to control
insect pests, I was glad to hear people on the list actually trying them. I
work for the CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research
Organisation) Division of Entomology. I think it will be very interesting to
find out what everybody does, thanks for volunteering to put it together.
Simone Clark  Canberra Australia

I teach compostion at Buffalo State College on WMF ( I have a Ph.D in learning
and instruction, lots of graduate work in language development, linguistics,
literature ((if it starts with L, I have it!))on TTH, I manage investment
properties, on S + S, I watch tv, eat bon bons, and read movie magazines
Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY who doesn't count the hours on email!!

Homemaker/raising 3 male junior physicists, 4 if you count Dad.  In my former
life, I earned a degree in history, chemistry minor, then put it to good use:
as a teaching assistant in special ed.
Kathryn Mohr

I am a former high school English teacher (20 years in CA).  When we quit
teaching, we did some cattle farming for a few years, but now I am officially
Julie Allen   Sparta, TN zone 6b

I am an Accounting Manager for a manufacturing company.  It doesn't leave me
much time for gardening but I try.
Linda Ridlon   No. Berwick, ME

I work for a consulting forester; my job is publishing a market report of the
value of logs in Washington and Oregon. It is a monthly publication, sold by
subscription, with subscribers all over the US (including several in Texas!)
and Chile, Germany, New Zealand, Canada, and Sweden.  I have an Associates
degree in Computer Science Technology that I got at our local community
college six years ago, at the ripe old age of 43.
Kay Berg, in Mount Vernon, Washington

I teach speech at the local community college and work full time at the local
swimming pool. I don't get enough time for my irises.
Larry Smith

I am an at-home mom of four kids under nine years old by day
and a writing instructor at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo by night.
Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA

I work of Eastman Kodak Company as a Field Engineer - meaning I
service camera/processing/digital/graphics equipment for bsinesses.  Been doin
it for 31 years.
Dennis Stoneburner

I am a UNIX kernel engineer, which means I write the OS that makes the hole
world talk... (Barry Manilow) :-)  Most of the Internet has been ased on UNIX
machines, though the presence has been dwarfed by single-user PCs in the last
few years.
Amy Moseley Rupp   Austin, TX

I work for Eagle Picher Industries.  We build earth moving equipement for
Caterpillar.  The big yellow machines you see working on when they are
building big buildings or highways.  We also build a line of forklifts.  My
job is Engineering Records Coordinator.  Which means that my department takes
the stuff the engineering department dreams up and we translate it to
computerese and input it into the computer.  I am also in charge of putting
this information out to the general population in the plant and make sure that
the changes happen when, where and how they are supposed to.  I have 2 women
working for me and the three of us work all day long with computers.
     My husband is head of Quality Control for a plastics injection molding
company.  He works for one of the top companys in the world.  One of the
things they make that most folks have come into contact with are the "Lights
Up" products that let you put the Christmas lights up on your house.
Dana Brown  Lubbock, TX

OK, I'm in . . . The title of my current position is "Sr. Network
Analyst" with Leo Burnett Co. advertising in Chicago. My work involves
seeking out and evaluating the potential uses of new software and
operating systems in the PC/LAN/WAN environment (playing with the new
toys on the bleeding edge). The current focus is to complete the
evaluation of a system that integrates our telecommunications system,
via the LAN, with our e-mail systems (a fax delivered to your voice mail
is automatically forwarded to your desktop as an e-mail, no paper
required). I am also a "tree-hugger" in case that's not apparent. I want
to make it possible for them to stop killing trees for communication
purposes. Today, Chicago -- tomorrow, the world.
Jane Mattei

I am an Electrical Engineer currently working for Quantum Corp. a maker
of Hard Disk Drives. Gardening has been a hobby since childhood. My wife is
not a gardener and my daughter (19 months) is just starting, with another "in
the oven", so gardening time is precious. I am very dependant on automation
for watering as a result. I usually scan the newsgroups and this List during
breaks at work, there are no breaks at home ;-)
Chad Schroter in Los Gatos CA

I am officially retired {at 53 (BG)} and am trying to work at home
doing research on the Internet for computer-deprived people or those who
don't `have the time'.
     My degree is in English - *not* science altho I did start out
as a math major and kept it as a minor. I began my working career as a
general assignment reporter on a daily newspaper then worked as a editor,
proof-reader, social worker and teacher. Did graduate work in social work
and education. In other words, I have no marketable skills.
     I am a treasurer of two local organizations, am on the board of
directors of a day -care center and a homeless shelter, very active in
politics (state), literacy volunteer, library board, etc. Very boring
stuff to most of you gainfully employed folks.
     I have a grown family and two dogs and three cats and my Andy.
He is my perennial love.....along with my garden.
Ellen Gallagher

I'm Assistant Safety Officer at the University of North Texas Health
Science Center at Fort Worth (TX).  My subtitles include: Assistant
Radiation Safety Officer, Biological Safety Officer, Chemical Hygiene
Officer and "The Iris Guy".  My background is in chemistry and

I'm a medical technologist working as third shift lab supervisor
at a small Catholic hospital. Also currently a friend(fellow MT and iris
nut), are exploring the possibilities of starting a business of our
own with the next 3-5 years.
Joanne Pyszczek   Hamburg,NY

I am director of Archives and Special Collections at the University of
Central Arkansas, a college of about 10,000 students, near my home in
Little Rock, Arkansas.  An historian by training, I often say I have the
best job in the world...I get paid to go around looking for old stuff to
collect for the Archives.  People actually let me crawl around in their
attics and basements, searching out family papers, business records,
organizational materials--which I bring to the Archives and catalog for use
by researchers.  My job is to document the history of my home state.  In
the past 11 years I have acquired almost 150 manuscript collections, over
22,000 photographs, 4,800 pamphlets, 300 oral history interviews, and 800
maps.  It's a great job!
Tom Dillard

Okay, I have not won the Nobel Prize.  I am a late blooming gardener
who also likes iris.  Medicine is my game. The specialty is called
"Otolarngology-Head and Neck Surgery".  When I am not drilling out an
ear, or cleaning out sinuses; I am doing the same in my gardens in the
back yard.  Mostly stay around Iowa and smell the flowers.
Mike Jones

I am a partly disabled vietnam vet that now lives on a fixed income made up of
my VA Disabitly and SDI. Out of this money the bills get paid,
elec./t.v.cable/phones/car repairs or whatever is needed. My Mother is on S.S.
and she pays the $800 in rent for this qusithut we live in.
I used to run a Gardening Service in S.Calif when I lived over there,
plus at one time I had a Hobby Shop too in Palmdale. I even drove a
L.A.Yellow cab for a few years.
Dennis Bishop

I work as a Laboratory Safety Officer at the University of Georgia's (UGA),
Savannah River Ecology Laboratory in Aiken, SC.  UGA has a cooperative
agreement to do ecological research for the Department of Energy on the
Savannah River Site (ex-bomb and tritium plant).  Our research spans
everything from alligators and turtles to endangered plants and soil
biochemistry.  I have a bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences and worked
as a lab technician for several molecular and microbiologists for about 5
years before becoming the dreaded "Safety Inspector" (4 years ago).  I now
spend my time trying to protect individuals (even though they may not always
appreciate it) who are pursuing the answers to today's ecological problems
and questions.
Donald Mosser, North Augusta, SC, USA

Ok, you win. I am a retired U.S Civil Service Senior Executive (37 years
service, last position: Director for Research Program Management, USEPA).  I
usually respond when asked what I do for a living by telling people that I'm
on government welfare.  But I got it the hard way...that is, I earned it.
 Clarence Mahan in VA

In my situation - its not what we DO but -  what I DID.
During most of my career  I was employed by what we now call the High Tech
field (but after the Crystal Set was developed).   My last 20 years was spent
on various Engineering Management teams for a large Missile Systems Operation.
One of my major positions included the management of a number of  Electro-mech
engineers responsible for a multi-meg. dept. budget..  I retired 15 years ago
(luckily - without  Intensive Care).   Except for my military duty, all my
employment took place in the New England  area.
   I recognized my first iris back in 1935 - over 60 years ago....  The clump
is still growing happily in the same spot.  Could this be the reason I became
so involved with the Historic Iris Preservation Society ?
Larry Doucette  --  Wilmington - MA

O.K., O.K. -- but preparing this synopsis is a bit harder for those of us in
the older generation!  Most of my job titles have included the term "analyst",
such as Data Anaylst, Quality Assurance Analyst, or Systems Analyst.
Sometimes I've analyzed equipment, sometimes data, sometimes procedures -- so
I just naturally analyze plants, pedigrees, etc.
 My assignments have included just about everything in the RDT&E world. (For
those of you who hate jargon, that's Research, Development, Testing, and
Evaluation).  Mostly system design, development and testing, with a hefty dose
of project management, and more technical writing and editing than I care to
contemplate.  I've even been loaned to the University to teach computer
science -- I hadn't finished my Ph.D., but I guess they were desperate.
when some "programs" were still hardwired onto program boards and software was
a promising new concept.   The "language" of the day was binary, with three
commands:  clear the register, add to the register, subtract from the
register. But I'll spare you the litany of languages over the years.
 I was a math major at the University of Oklahoma -- that was before the day
of separate Computer Science departments -- when they were developing a
prototype input device some of you would now recognize as a computer terminal.
Fascinating, but terribly slow compared to the then-popular punched cards.
 BTW, does anyone else remember the difference between an ogre and an ooger?
An ogre is _________  (fill in the name of your least-favorite boss).  Oogers
lived under the raised floor of a computer room, amidst the power cables or in
the cooling vents.   They ate the data from punched cards.  (How else do you
explain punch patterns being filled in with pristine card stock?  Keypunch
error on a replacement card after a card jam?  Nah!  Much too mundane!)  They
may now be extinct, but I suspect they've evolved and adapted to life in the
WINDOWS environment.
   I worked in the space program before we landed on the moon, including
trouble-shooting early problems with the rendezvous & landing radar, and on
the space shuttle in its earliest days.  Back then, an hour of computer time
was comparable to a programmer's monthly salary so people did NOT keep the
computer waiting, but had downtime themselves while waiting for the computer.
Time to  swap stories about real experiences like the swarm of bees that
attacked a radar antenna, the camera station put out of order when an operator
got more insect spray on the lens than the gnats he was chasing, or the bats
and snakes that invaded our building.  And time to come up with fanciful tales
like that of the oogers.
   I took time out to get a Master's degree, and was working on an
interdisciplinary Ph.D. when an irresistable job opportunity came along with
New Mexico State University's Physical Science Laboratory.   Mostly
development of methods & procedures.  Some systems design & development.  Some
simulation & modeling.  Lots of trouble-shooting and more than my share of
"Tiger Team" assignments.
  The downside of this type of work is that as the years pass you have less
contact with the technical aspects and spend more time on business matters.
For the last 10 years, I've spent  far more time on project planning and
scheduling, capabilities statements and proposals, than on "real" work.  With
the downsizing of the industry I'm now part-time instead of full-time -- but
at least it gives me more time for the iris!
Sharon McAllister  (73372.1745@compuserve.com)

My name is Anastasia and here is a little of who am I and what I do.
I was born and raised in Buenos Aires Argentina.   I earned
certificates as a grade school teacher and also as a piano
teacher.   Then, in 1966, I came to this country to go to
graduate school.   After I obtained a PhD in mathematics, I
became a college professor.   Later, I learned computers
and became a software engineer and a manager.   For 14
years, I worked at Intel, where I managed advanced R&D
projects. I undersdant Software pretty well and I am very good at
programming tools.
I have been painting since childhood and, at last, I am now
a full time professional artist.   I am passionate about my
art.  I am thrilled when I can share the beauty of nature and
childhood through my work.
I paint flowers because I enjoy rendering their beauty
and majesty.   The rose and iris are my favorite flowers, though I enjoy
painting irises more than I enjoy painting roses. The lacy
borders of an iris make me believe that it is dancing in
the sun. I spent many hours every week at my easel enjoying the beauty of
irises and trying to capture it forever.
My works are in several galleries and private collections, and I have won
First Prize and Best of Show in several Northwest competitions. My iris
"Let's Dance" just won a "Best of Show" at the Clackamas County Fair in
You can also visit my Web site at http://www.teleport.com/~painting
Anastasia Czerniakiewicz

I'm one of those lurkers whose never mailed to iris-l but enjoy the postings.
(Although I continue to be months behind!  I've enjoyed the what I do for a
living summary so I'll add in.
I'm a reserch animal scientist for the USDA Agricultural Research Service.
Actually a ruminant nutritionist (or cow scientist). ARS has a Livestock and
Range Research Lab out here in Miles City, Montana were attempt to develop
economically and ecologically sound range animal production systems. (or so
our mission statement says). The site is 55, 000 acres of what was originally
a military fort (Fort Keogh) built in 1876 and turned over to the USDA for
agricultural research in 1924.  The only problem with this Northern Plains
area is that our iris season is VERY short. My two retrievers can also be
pretty tough on the flower beds!
Elaine Grings  EthelG@aol.com

I am a graphic artist-sign maker. I own my own sign company' specializing in
computer generated cut vinyl graphics for trade show exhibits and vehicle
graphics. I work too many hours and take home too little money, but I love the
work.  The only problem is not always having enough time for my Iris garden,
but I have added some Iris stuff to my business by making Iris magnets to sell
at our Iris Society rizome sales, a great money maker, everybody loves
Jefrie Suzanne Jenkins (JJ)  Kent-WA  Zone 5

I'm a pathology professor at the University of New Mexico, involved in the
diagnosis and study of disease in people.  But not for long, as retirement is
scheduled for the end of December this year.  There should then be much more
time for gardening and other interests.  My major iris focus is on arils and
arilbreds.  I've done some arilbred hybridizing, had maiden bloom for the
first time this year, and am pseudobjectively evaluating several seedlings.
Scott Jordan - Albuquerque, New Mexico in the Middle Rio Grande Valley

I'm a retired school librarian, now travel agent.  Have been involved
with travel for the last 30 years or so, as well as books & kids.  I'm an
MGIT (Master Gardener in Training) meaning I haven't finished the course
yet.  Belong to 2 horticultural societies, write  the newsletter for one
and am involved with newcomers to Canada.  Mainly Laotian kids whose
families are having trouble coping with the freedom North American kids
have.  Have perpetual itchy feet and particularly love the North (alaska,
yukon and NWT).  And I try to grow lilies and iris.
Ginny in So. Ont. Zone 4b

Keith is our main iris grower  (currently 500+ varieties) and supports our
hobby five days a week as a civil engineer for Dallas Area Rapid Transit,
currently working with High Occupancy Vehicle lanes in the DFW metroplex,
commuting from Fort Worth daily.  Medical is my category - office manager for
an orthopaedic practice.  And we  look forward to retirement in the next 10
years...if not sooner!
Keith & Margaret Ann Smith - Fort Worth, Texas  (masfw@aol.com)

Hi, my name is Clark Lukens and I am new to the list
I am 46. I live in Pasadena, CA --- a USDA zone of nine ot ten.
I work as a chemist at an aerospace company and try to use my chemistry
background to aid my garden.

Annette Milch
I teach gymnastics, and have been doing so for the past 30 years. I have a
master's degree in Mathematics, but I prefer gardening and teaching
gymnastics to elementary school children after school.... Annette Milch ,
zone 5, Lexington , Kentucky where it froze this week , but I brought
indoors my stalk of Immortality with 6 buds on it, 3 have bloomed so far.

I am an estimator/office manager for a glass and glazing subcontractor.
We handle glass for both commerical and residential applications.  My
husband is a computer programer/analyst working in Silicone Valley.
Nancy & Jim Kraus

Trained as an ecologist (Oxford) and oceanographer (U. of California at
Scripps Institution), 15 years as professor and research director in
ecology, 8 years as executive in energy and aid departments of Canadian
Government, consultant in management and policy for  environment and
biological projects for last 13 years.  Main interest is systematics,
biodiversity, and environmental issues.  Spare time spent at classical music
events (my wife's career) and rest in gardening.  Decided to prepare early
for retirement by learning a new subject.  At 18 accepted as trainee at Kew
Gardens but went to university instead (reason obscure but probably saw a
pretty girl registering for university and joined that line) so decided to
follow taht original interest and study irises.  Hope to be an expert in
another 4 years!  Main interest in iris species and their natural habitat.
Ian E. Efford  Ottawa

As my parents and an aunt and two uncles (and later my sister) were all
teachers, it was assumed that I would be *thrilled* to go to college.
Not this little black sheep. I deliberately flunked out of my first
semester so I could go to business college.  I went two years and loved
it enough to get good grades, and especially liked typing and dictaphone
work. It turned out that all my jobs have been dictaphone, not
shorthand, jobs.  My first and most interesting job was for the State of
Illinois Department of Public Aid in Peoria from 1966-69, in the fall of
which I got married and moved to SW Wisconsin on a dairy farm. We were
there a year when Larry's folks sold the farm, and we moved all over
after that.  I alternated working and raising three kids, and all my
other jobs from then on were in insurance. It was interesting to
progress from typing on Royal electrics and IBM Selectrics through IBM
memory typewriters and finally to computers.  Of course I prefer
computers!  My insurance employers in Phoenix couldn't figure out why I
liked to type so much, since no one else did!  Guess they were glad to
have me; I stayed 9 years through two changes of ownership. And then we
moved to Springfield, MO and I worked a couple of places typing on
computers, but no more dictaphone work.  Now I'm "semi-retired" but
still typing, I see!  My present plans are to retype articles from local
iris bulletins and post them on the IRIS-L.  We live with our sons who
own this house on 5 acres and work in town and let Larry and me keep the
house and grounds, shop, do the records, etc. for a *living*.  Only in
the last few years have I become interested at all in plants, and we do
raise other things besides this first year of iris.  My other interests
include genealogy, astrology, classical and country music (we never miss
Club Dance!) and READING!  We have a huge library that we're just
starting to unpack after being here two years.  I have all the gardening
books in my personal library space, among lots of others, including all
the ones from my childhood and my mother's diaries and gardening journal
(joy, joy!)  We subscribe to probably 20 magazines and go to the library
sales. Guess we'll have to build another building for the library soon!
And that's my story!
Barb Johnson  SW Missouri Ozarks, Zone 5b, 1/4 mile from the Big Sac River

 I started out witha degree in Interior Design. Now I work in the public
library in the Children's Dept. and am also a tax preparer. Quite a variety,
I know, but I just haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up !
Region 20 newsletter editor who lives at 7600 ft. Our weather varies
depending on which side of the house you're on.
Suzy Ewell   Black Forest, CO

I am retired after 29 years as a professor of music at Radford  University in
Radford, Virginia, 40 miles south-west of Roanoke.  So my "home chapter" was
Blue Ridge Iris Society.  Born and raised in a little town, Listowel, in
southern Ontario, I attended university in Toronto  for nine years, and later
four years at Indiana University.   I learned plant breeding from the
minister of our church.   The bearded irises fit in with going to university;
you work with them from mid-spring to early fall in Canada.  I teach piano,
 organ and voice.  But retired in warm North Carolina, where July and August
are just TOO hot.
Lloyd Zurbrigg       Z88KEYS@aol.com

In my past life I worked as a petroleum geologist, graduating with a degree
from the University of Calgary in 1978.  I spent several years behind a desk
drawing maps, interpreting downhole logging results, rock samples.... etc,
looking for oil and gas reserves (I occasionally threw a dart or two at my
maps!). I took a couple of long world trips- Asia for 8 months then
NZ-Australia for 1 year, after the last trip I decided to work in the field
as a wellsite geologist. That lasted a few more years and gave me  lots of
interesting stories to tell.
Life changed when we moved to an acreage, I now spend all my time looking
after it- the gardens, the cats, the birds, the fences, running into town
for stuff, plus more - it's endless.  I call myself an acreage labourer.  My
friends refer to me as the lady with too many plants. I slowed down last
year after a disk in my back popped and now I really do have too many
plants!! Any geological questions? - I'd be happy to help
-Anne Savannah, DeWinton, Alberta

Here's a brief description of what we do.  Steve  has his own business
in the distribution industry as an independent contractor.  I do all his
paper work and bookkeeping.  I taught for twelve years in the California
schools as a reading specialist, special education teacher and an
English teacher.  I jumped over the midlife crisis stage and started
life over last year returning to college to study art.  I take painting,
drawing, 2D, 3D design, and computer graphics classes.  I have my BA in
English, art history, and am working for an art degree.  We raise CFA
registered Siamese cats and have two beautiful litters ready to go to
loving homes right now.  We have two beautiful daughters ages six and
ten who love to work in the iris gardens with us.  We spend most of our
time off working our acre containing ten different fruit trees, thirty
five varieties of roses,  eight varieties of iris (mostly TB and
approximately 500 total iris), and the property is lined with
eucalyptus, oak and acacia.  We have two horses which helps to make
heavenly compost.  We live in zone 9 and we are in region 15.  Signing
out from a sunny 69 degrees in San Diego.

The best answer  (IMHO, SAR) so far comes from New Zealand:

                  I am a living legend! Oh yes I am !
I am so many different things to so many different people that I must be.
Some days I am :
the meanest mother in the universe or the best depending weather I said
I am a plumber & drainlayer's labourer/cook/laundress/office worker/debt
collector/massusse(sp?)/lover & wife.
I am a big sister helping out my brother with his love life. (he shouldn't
date more than one lady at a time it gets tangled)
I am the taxi driver that drives my mother to her specialists appointments.
I am the medical languge translator who explains in plain english what the
specialist said.
I am the shoulder to cry on for a friend who is going thru a nasty divorce.
I am the computer programmer/fixer upper of unfriendly computer
operators.(some people can't follow simple instructions)
I am the secretary/editor of the northern districts jet boat ass.
I am the treasurer of the St Johns cadets. (I love money)
I am the Area committee member for Edgecumbe St Johns.
I am the Driver of the night shift for the Ambulance.(something about red
flashing lights & sirens wailing)
I am the head chef / dishwasher when ever the family have get togethers (my
house is always the venue weather I agree or not)
I am the Master(very big grin) gardener/lawn  mower/fencer/landscape designer/
pool maintence "man"/pruner/painter/builder/orderer of new plants(best job)
I am possessed with an inbuilt lie dectoror (my kids think this)
I am endowed with x-ray vision & super hearing (my kids think this)
I am possessed with the knowledge of where things have been dropped/left even
though I was nowhere to be seen.( husband & kids believe this one)
I am the pen-pal(emailpal) to Sharon McNish.
I am an Internet junkie especially Iris-L.
I am Santa's special helper.(my kids still believe)
I am The Tooth Fairy helper.(inflation is catching up with the TF $2.00 a pop)

In short I am all the different people I need to be all in one day to be there
for the people I love the most in the world.
                I rest my case    I am A Living Legend
OH yeah I am possessed by a slightly warped sense of humour hence the above
list it never ceases to amaze me when ever it takes over (Like now)
I also answer to Mum, (mom) Mummy, (mommy) oh Mother, Dear, Darling, & I even
get called Sonya.
So what do I do I do for a living well I'm still not sure but I like the sound
of living legend !!! & I HATE housewife.
What do you think??
Sorry this is so long but the monster made me do it(my kids fav.excuse)
Have A Nice Day
Smile & the world smiles too.
Sonya van der Hulle
Edgecumbe,The Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand.
temp.-2C or 38F in the winter.  31C or 88F in the summer. zone???????
The first country to see the light of the new day.

I (Sharon) am an electrical engineer who is really a mechanical engineer
doing fabrication specialty work for the National Scientific Balloon
Facility in Palestine, TX.  (I work for New Mexico State Universitys' Physical
Science Laboratory, as a NASA contractor)  We go all over the world:
Greenland, Alaska, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Antarctica, Brazil and Ft.
Sumner, New Mexico to fly these 1000 ft long by 400 ft around helium balloons.
They fly at 130,000 ft for folks doing cosmic ray, atmospheric science, solar
ray, particle physic and ozone research.  Great job, but I am gone all summer,
when everything blooms!!
East Texas, zone 8

Sharon A. Ruck,  the herb and Harley Davidson lady