Re: Red TBs (was Red Reblooming TB's)

Carolyn said
>	Would you consider Spartan a red? It's really old but wonderfully
>tailored and trim and neat.

I consider it a red (nice ol' brown thing), and suspect that one of those two
older rot surviving varieties I mentioned before might be SPARTAN.

and Arnold said
<Among the older reds, GYPSY JEWELS and VITAFIRE always grow well and
send up lots of bloom stalks, though admittedly they aren't really
red, red, red.  >

How could I forget my ol beloved rot resistant VITAFIRE.  One of my favorites
- a nice graceful plant.  Another one of those that almost dies to the ground
in the summer, like VANITY.  (Clarence, Lloyd, which ancestor does that
characteristic come from?)

Linda Mann lmann76543@aol.com east TN USA