Re: Red Reblooming TB's

At 07:06 AM 10/24/96 -0500, you wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Donald Mosser wrote:
>> Earlier this week I noticed a bearded iris in bud, in front of my local post
>> office.  The bud was a dark, rusty red.
>Donald, what shade of red was this flower?
>Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca>
>Zone 4/5 Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

This flower is a very dark, rusty brownish red.  Not trying to be gory, but
I would liken the color to dried blood. Not even a hint of magenta or purple
or violet in the standards and falls.  I'll obviously need to get a better
look at the haft color and the beards on this iris before I can narrow down
the choices any further.  I believe Sunday morning would be a good time to
inspect this iris.  I feel kind of odd jumping up into a raised be in the
very front of the post office to measure and examine a flower while the
curious look at me as if I'm crazy.  I guess I need to get over this shyness
if I want to be a true iris fancier. :)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8