Re: Snow Fence & Aitken in NJ

At 05:48 AM 10/24/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Amy...
>
>Snow fences act as a wind break in order to encourage the formation of
>snowdrifts, so that they do NOT form around other barriers (such as roads and
>things).  The slats are set far enough apart to allow the wind to go through
>without taking down the fence...but close enough together to slow it down
>enough to drop its load of snow.  Although they'll get covered over pretty
>quickly, the drift itself then slows the wind and accumulates the snow.
>
>Placing snow fence is an art because of the capricious nature of the wind -
>and a misplaced fence will cause a big ole drift right where you DON'T want
>it!
>
>Message on my machine this am from Joe Griner of NJ who informs me that Terry
>Aitken will be their speaker the weekend of 11/9 & 11/10!
>
>Kathyguest - who will be checking airfares today to see how possible it may
>be.....
>
>Kathy. If you have more details on Terry's N.J. visit please advise.A group
of us are going to WNEIS meeting this Sat.Might consider a car pool to N.J.
if subject and location are right!Always looking for ideas for our little
group,expecially when experts such as Terry are nearby.Your group always
managers to import noted speakers,but 300 miles is a bit more than most of
our "old bones' can handle and as you know we, don't have the funds to cover!