killing frost?

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, zone 4, where we still, amazingly, have not
> had a killing frost, despite several forecasts of mid-20s.)

	I was sure somebody else had a hard frost on this list - where
	are you Lee & Kim? Or am I the only one to suffer this indignity
	in Sept./Oct.? Actually, now that the rain has stopped,temporarily,
	it is a good time to take stock of reading material for the winter.

	Can never have enough to read on those cold, dark winter days. :-(

	Ellen Gallagher  e_galla@moose.ncia.net   Zone 3  Lancaster, New
		Hampshire, USA (cloudy, dark day but *not* freezing)