Re: HIPS Web Page

Donald Mosser wrote:

> I must have missed the official announcement of the HIPS web page.

>And Barb Johnson comments:

>Yes, wonderful, Mike! I see you updated it just Sunday.  Wonder where I
>was, too, when you announced it?

Well, oops, yeah, sorry about that. 8->

Actually there wasn't an official announcement. I'm building it and have
had some questions that info on the page would answer so have directed
people to the page. There is a moby amount more to go on and I am a slow
typist who tends to say:"Yeah, I can do that," until my promises back me
into a corner and time is running out. I then screech: "How am I ever going
to do that!" and its another all-nighter. (Well, past my bedtime at least,
fogies don't do real all-nighters!)

At any rate, consider this breaking a bottle of bubbly over the bow of the
HIPS web page at: http://tricities.net/~mikelowe/

I hope to put Cornell Bulletin 112 on the site complete with modern photos
where I have them. (And, where I am 95% sure of ID, some horrible croppers
drop out even a decade after working intensively with the living material.)
I will augment with A.W.W. Sand's unpublished MS and Memoir 100 in the
instances where 112 ignores significant cultivars. (Hey, if the break-away
Dead Sea Scrolls researchers can do it why not HIPS?)

Anyway, lots to come, be patient and check in every now and then for new stuff.

Best regards,

Mike Lowe, mikelowe@tricities.net
South Central Virginia, USA
USDA Zone 7A, pH-5.4,  very sandy loam (now knee deep mud)
185 to 205 frost free growing days per year