Re: Wabash

Linda Mann wrote that she now wonders, after my previous note, if
what she has been caling Wabash really is that.
Linda, I didn't mean to sow doubts.  The other cultivar I have is not
so similar that anyone would make a mistake.  One look at a picture
of Wabash, or the real thing, and you'd know.  This other cultivar
has similar size, growth habits, but obvious differences, too, includ-
ing a light blue rim abound the falls.  If any of the experts on this
list has a suggestion, I'd love to follow it up.  Meanwhile, Linda,
if you have been sure of your Wabash before, you probably still can
be.  Don't let me throw you off.  I've taken pictures of the other
one, but they never show color true enough to be of much help to
somebody who'd just see the picture.  Larry Harder, who knows more of
iris and can identify more iris than anybody I know, has seen mine
and couldn't help me, either.  But, maybe somebody someday.....

Arnold Koekkoek
NW Iowa, Zone 4