Re: Snow Fences - last call

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, norma hensen wrote:

>         Snow fences were a mute point anyway, when I was teaching in Idaho
> because the snow was so deep by Dec. 15 that we couldn't see the tops of our
> cars, and by Jan. 15 the slide was covered.  I imagine that they use
> snowmobiles now to get around.

	That sounds like Coos County in the far Northern White Mts., NH, USA.

	As a pt. of info re wind -  some of the worst wind storms anywhere
	have been clocked atop Mt. Washington, the highest elevation in the
	Eastern USA. I live in its shadow...another reason why I don't grow

>                       QQQ
>                     %%*-*%%
>                        ~
	Norma, what is this? very artistic - must have some meaning that my
	addled brain can't decipher.

	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Zone 3