Re: Snow Fences - last call

Dear Ellen,
        I have had more fun with these snow fences.  I was in Manchester
during the winter of '47.  Brrrrr and the wind was no fun there either.  I
know abut the White Mountains and particularly Mt. Washington.  I didn't
realize you are in it's shadow.  Reminds me why I live in this corner of
Utah.  Lately I have been thinking about returning to Billings Montana-but
then again-
        My little "artistic" endever started out as a signiture on the
letters I wrote to my grandchildren.  It looked like this:     I love you,
                                                          Mom
                                                        and Grandma
QQQ
                                                                  *-*
                                                                   ~
I thought I had to click the signature button for it to go out.  On
beknownst to me it was going out on business letters, iris-l, lily-l and
everything else.
Before that I had put my name, address, city, state and zip. as a signiture,
meaning to send it to my grandson in Oregon.  I forgot it was there and sent
it out to all the iris-l members.  Thank heavens none of you are nuts about
anything but iris. :-)
        Someone on this list or another sent a URL where you can find a
bunch of these smileys for all ocasions.  This is the "grandma" I made up.
        Anyway I took her off and then I put her back on.  I can't bear to
do without her now, the rest of you will just have to put up with my little
eccentricity, kind of like John's signatures.  (Never mind John, I find all
that information exciting and fun to know.
          TBs thrive in my desert home and they have done very well for my
mother in Wyoming, high in the nintys and low 15-20 below zero.  Her beds
are protected by buildings however.  I do think your spot on earth would
freeze their pretty little beards.

                                Norma

>On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, norma hensen wrote:
>
>>         Snow fences were a mute point anyway, when I was teaching in Idaho
>> because the snow was so deep by Dec. 15 that we couldn't see the tops of our
>> cars, and by Jan. 15 the slide was covered.  I imagine that they use
>> snowmobiles now to get around.
>

>	That sounds like Coos County in the far Northern White Mts., NH, USA.
>
>	As a pt. of info re wind -  some of the worst wind storms anywhere
>	have been clocked atop Mt. Washington, the highest elevation in the
>	Eastern USA. I live in its shadow...another reason why I don't grow
>	TBs.
>

>>                       QQQ
>>                     %%*-*%%
>>                        ~
>>
>	Norma, what is this? very artistic - must have some meaning that my
>	addled brain can't decipher.
>
>	Ellen Gallagher e_galla@moose.ncia.net  Zone 3

                      QQQ
                    %%*-*%%