Re: I. tectorum

Arnold Koekkoek asked about the hardiness of tectorum.  Here in the Ottawa
area it growns well but is somewhat fickle as to flowering.  I have a large
number of plants that have been grown from seed - it grows easily - but none
that flower.  My friends at Gardens North, a nursery about 10 miles away,
have done the same and had a wonderful display of flowers.  At the moment, I
am boosting the mulch in order to see if that will help.

I should note that it dies down to nothing in our winters so that one has a
feeling all is lost.  This is not the case, but it does come up very slowly
in spring.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca
Ian E. Efford