Re:Symposium Voting, iris product

Hello All:

Winter is upon me (well, late FAll) so i'll stick my two cents in re voting.
I wasn't going to, but I did.  I voted for six irises.  I grow a lot more,
about 200 Tbs, but six got my vote and I am pleased with myself for voting.

Further, I grow 4 Japanese, and about 8 or so Siberians, and about 30 SDBs
so Yes, I am a  TB person, but I am trying to expand my horizons but it's
hard.  Siberians and Japanese don't grow like TBs so the learning curve has
been rough for me.  Still, I'm making progress and, yes, they are beautiful.

Re: Iris Products.  I got a mold to make stepping stones which has an iris
on it.  Nothing could be simpler.  Just mix the concret (ReadyMix) pour into
the mold and a day later, out pops a nice little round stone about 12 inches
in diamter with an iris on the top.  Cost about 50 cents per stone.  Next
Spring Marge and I are going into production.  We estimate we need about 150
of the little devil's.

I got this from An  outfit called Garden Supply Company in a group of four
molds, total price about 20 dollars.  The others were columbine, lily of the
valley and daisies.  Total number of molds I have is 12 so I can make 12 at
a time.

Lee DeJongh   Rhinelander WI  region 2  zone 3