Re: off topic: zinna seed storage

:Anyway, I have a bumper crop of gorgeous, great growing, draught resistant
:zinnas that I have a lunch sack size bag of seeds from.  I want to plant
:them spring of 1998 in Washington State.  Should I keep them in the fridge,
:or should they be frozen (CAN they be frozen, for that matter???)?

If you'd said 1997, I would have just answered "keep them cool and dry",
but I don't know if that would do for an extra year.
:Please drop me a line off list, so the cyber police dont get me.
:Thanks for putting up with me here.
For the record, general gardening questions are not regarded as off-topic
here, so long as they do not overwhelm the iris talk. We are all gardeners,
after all, and it's likely that many of us will learn something we can
use when an interesting general gardening topic comes up. This is what
I had in mind when I wrote in the welcome message that I wanted the list
to be like a conversation over the backyard fence. In a conversation
between iris growers, the conversation will inevitably come back to irises,
but no really good conversation can be kept in a straightjacket.

Replies to the list are appropriate.

Cheers, Tom.