Re: Contents of AIS Bulletin

From: Scott Aitken  <zebra@chcs.com>

>Kathy Marble wrote that she doubted the AIS Bulletin would be
>interested in her garden because she had no TBs.

Not true. I have seen a few complaints that the AIS Bulletin only features
TBs, and I think that is an unfair accusation. One person a few months back
asked if the Bulletin would EVER have anything besides TBs on the cover.
Hello? Just looking back a few years, you would see that the January
Bulletins for '93, '94, and '95 have all had non-TB Iris on the covers (Jan
'95 had a nice picture of Clarence Mahan's garden). The October Bulletin
traditionally features that year's Dykes winner on the cover. My father
(Terry Aitken, the Bulletin editor) has not made the final choice yet for
the January '97 cover, but it will most likely be a Japanese Iris. There
will also be an article/review of the Japanese Iris Convention in the
January Bulletin.

If you would like to write an article about non-TB irises, or have an idea
for an article, I'm sure my father would be interested in it. Personally,
he hybridizes a wide variety of types of iris -- almost everything besides
Arils (which don't grow well in the Pacific Northwest). His interests are
quite varied, and I know he would be open to ideas for non-TB articles. All
you have to do is call or write to him. Or email it to me, and I'll pass it
along to him.

He can be reached at:
        Terry Aitken, AIS Bulletin Editor
        608 NW 119th St