Re: off topic: zinna seed storage

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: off topic: zinna seed storage
  • From: Carol Wallace <cww@scranton.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 17:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

I usually save seeds in old film canisters, and then put them in the fruit
bin of my refrigerator. (When I remember and am organzied enough. I have a
lot sitting in little bowls waiting to get cleaned, and a lot in small
envelopes sitting in a basket on the floor. After a single year, most of
those survived and germinated well.  I wouldn't recommend being so
cavalier for two years running.

Another easy way is to seal samll envelopes of seed in a ziplock bag and
(ocne agian) store in the frig.  NOT the freezer.
Carol