Re: Snow Fence

> A snowfence is a kind of slanted fence with openings between the slats,
> which may be horizontal or parallel.

So they are slanted (not perpendicular to the ground)?  And slanted
towards whatever they are to protect, or slanted away from prevailing
wind, or slanted towards either or the above?  Are the openings to keep
the wind from blowing the fence down?

I now seem to recall in my mind's eye the low endless fences of the
West, like around where the Freemen were in Montana.  I thought they
were just paranoid!

> I think this was just a little joke between snowmen types and what was meant
> was that because the snowfences are there "winter is not going to be called
> off this year."  Snowment types always hope--

So was it that snow had collected in the snow fences, or someone had put
some up?  If the latter, are they routinely put up and down?

And NO Carolyn I didn't know what a snow fence was despite being in
Toronto in the winter TWICE and driving between Detroit/Windsor and
Toronto.  I just thought y'all liked fences!

Amy Moseley Rupp
amyr@mpd.tandem.com, Austin, TX, zone 8b
Jill O. *Trades
Mistress O. {}