Re: Apathy and TB Growers

In my humble opinion......

Symposiums are not voted for reasons other than apathy...

there are procrastinators
the insecure who think they 'don't know enough'
there are the uninformed, who think that they need to 'know more' in order to
there are the folks on some kind of crusade or another

I've learned that in many things... if you want results, you have to COAX
them, not shame them or beat them out with a 'guilty stick'.

SO, therefore (I just had this same thread in the daylily robin), I think it
is YOUR responsibility to (as Dennie said) Just Do It, for your own sake....
and then encourage your folks to vote as well.....explaining of course how
important it is for those who join next year to have a guide of what we liked
THIS year!  I personally think that accusing folks will NOT get the job done.

Kathyguest... who wishes she could improve the numbers even more...but who
WILL say that some ideas are to 1.  have a contest (most symposiums turned in
per club), 2.  make sure there's a blurb in your local/regional newsletter
explaining what the symposium is and why it's important  3. bring copies to a
meeting and get folks to do it on the spot 4.  And most of all, as in all
things... be tolerant of others and their likes and dislikes.