Temperature scales

To Regina Moore

   If you want to learn about the two temperature scales in use in the U.S.
just buy a cheap thermometer in any store. I have neve found one in yet in
only F. So you will see both scales on it. Canada is offically metric, in
part to appease the people of Quebec who speak French but mostly because the
rest of the world (including the U.S.) has gone metric being in part pushed
into it by the car manufactures (so they can buy lower cost parts anywhere
in the world). You might be interested to know that the U.S. went metric
(offically) long before Canada and England. I am not sure but I think  it
was as much as 100 years ago. Canada still uses both scales unofficially and
metric was taught in our chools long before it was made official as a scale
used in science. Its been used in science longer than I can remember. I use
both but still favor F. and I am not (and never will be bilingual - so is
most of Canada.

  I was wondering where AB was -some state in the south of the U.S. I
gather. I have been through one called Alabama once that seems to fit.

Bruce Richardson
Bruce Richardson (near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.