Defense of TB Iris Preference

Hello Fellow Iris Lovers,
      I have really enjoyed and had many good laughs reading your
discussions concerning the ignorance or apathy of those who don't
appreciate other forms of iris.  I must confess that my love affair is
with the TB iris.  I just can't feel close to any other form.  Maybe
it's an acquired taste.  As a child, I grew up next door to a Dick
Gibson.  I have always wondered if he is the hybridizer who has so many
iris to his name.  This man had an entire backyard full of the most
sensational TB iris.  As a child, I would walk through his rows with his
daughter who was my age.  The iris came up to our noses and had a
hypnotizing fragrance.  He took us to iris society meetings and I even
got in on an iris auction one year.  Sacramento, Ca.
      When I married, I found my green thumbed husband also had a
passion for TB iris.  What a wonderful surprise it was.  He is more iris
crazy than even me.  Iris aren't iris to me unless they are TB.
      It's like the difference between lemon juice and orange juice.  I
like both but can't appreciate both in the same way.  Orange juice I can
enjoy daily never tiring of it.  Lemon juice has its uses and I do enjoy
it in its place but never as a steady diet.
      So it is with the TB iris.  I never tire of it.  I want a steady
diet of it.  We can't get enough of them.  The new colors are exciting
and an adventure to grow.  Call me ignorant or apathetic.  It doesn't
bother me in the least.  I find the shapes, styles, and colors  more
pleasingly aesthetic.  Signing off in love with TB iris in San Diego.