Re: Apathy and TB Growers

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996 Irisborer@aol.com wrote:

> Symposiums are not voted for reasons other than apathy...
>
> the insecure who think they 'don't know enough'

> I've learned that in many things... if you want results, you have to COAX
> them, not shame them or beat them out with a 'guilty stick'.
>
> SO, therefore (I just had this same thread in the daylily robin), I think it
> is YOUR responsibility to (as Dennie said) Just Do It, for your own sake....

> Kathyguest... who wishes she could improve the numbers even more...but who

Could someone please tell me because it hasn't been clear in all
the discussions about the rules for the AIS etc how do you pick out
the irises you want to vote for? Can you only vote for the ones in
your own garden or can you pick out ones in the gardens you visit
at the various conventions or ones you see in a catalogue? Or
what? My garden has 3 out of 6 no-name TB irises. Do I gather
correctly that if I see an iris that I think is really pretty I
just vote for that without knowing anything about it except its
name?

-- Diana Louis <dlouis@dynamicro.on.ca> Zone 4/5 Newmarket,
Ontario, Canada