Original Text
From: Z88KEYS@aol.com, on 10/21/96 6:51 PM:
What a topic to launch into!  I have tried many iris families, and raised
seedlings in them, and am still doing so.  The bearded were my first love,
and remain so. BUT, I am happy to be still doing things in those other
fields.  I am setting out some I. tectorum seedlings, and think I. tectorum
alba is the most satisfying blossom I have ever seen.  I might still be doing
Siberians if I had not had such a dreaful experience with my introduction
ETHELRED.  The year following its introductions was the worst ever in Region
4 , and all I sent out except one, died.  The Reberts of Maryland  managed to
save  theirs  and it has brought fantabulous sums at auction as a result.  (I
had waited 14 years before introducing ETHELRED. ) At the very top of my
regert list was not planting the seeds obtained from crosses of  two of the
"cornstalk" (Juno) irises. So, I ask for tolerance of others preferences.
Let's just enjoy what we enjoy, without fear of recimination!