I. tectorum

    My appetite was whetted by Lloyd's note about I. tectorum, and I
was reminded of it when reading what Barry Silver wrote.  A friend
gave me a couple plants this summer, and because I have never seen it
grow anywhere I had no idea what I was getting.  Now I'm excited and
eager to find out what it will do here in my garden.  I hope it is
hardy enough to survive a NW Iowa winter; I certainly intend to give
it a good mulch cover.  Can I expect it to be that hardy, or is it
likely to be a lost cause here?

Arnold Koekkoek (NW Iowa, Zone 4)