Re: Bronze Beauty

>Allowing for a 1887 introduction date for Barr's BRONZE BEAUTY (the 1884
>date was an article in 'Florist and Pomologist') and granting the aril
>BRONZE BEAUTY an introduction date consistant with the main body of van
>Tubergen's work in arils; they are contemporaneous and it is difficult to
>cede primogeniture.

Sorry, Mike, but the Barr BRONZE BEAUTY was in the Check List since
1929....and takes precedence.  This regelia should have been called BRONZE
BEAUTY REGELIA or something to distinguish it.  If we start allowing two
different cultivars to bear the same name why have a registration system at
all? And if the regelia "Bronze Beauty" is indeed out of I. hoogiana, it
could not have originated earlier than after 1913, when I. hoogiana was first
collected by Graeber in Turkestan.   Clarence Mahan in VA