Help!! Moldy Spurias!

At a region 15 auction I bought (stole!) 16 iris,
including 7 spurias. The spurias had been refrigerated
since being dug in the spring. They were sealed (not
quite hermetically) in plastic bags. It took me a week to
get them planted (in pots), after keeping them at room
temperature. There was visible mold on most of the
spuria rhizomes, and mustard seeds on one.

Is there hope?  What can I do?

Gerry in Los Angeles, who hopes the fires I drove by this
afternoon get no closer to me or to Jeanne Plank.