Re: Perfect Garden plant?

The foliage on several of my Siberians has yellowed and is very colorful as
I look across the beds.  The hostas are wilted and brown, still not too bad
to look at after all that green all summer (g) and the ripened heads of
astilbe are dark to complement the spikes on the Sibs.

Don't know (ignorance or apathy?) whether the Siberian is PERFECT, but it
shure is nice right now!!

**

The Buffalo Area Daylily Society (BADS) had a banquet the other evening and
a wonderful couple of folks from the WEST coast happened by -- Marily Harolow
and Bill Maryott. (MARILYN Harlow)  What a delightful man Bill is. We didnd't
talk about his hybridizing in the context of all those DL people, but we
did talk about the hunt the both of them are on for the histories of their
families.  He had never heard of my home town in Allegany County, NY, where
one of his relatives' descendants was my best friend in school...

Nice to meet the man behind some great irises.

Carolyn Schaffner in wet ol' Buffalo, NY