Re: Snow Fall/Storm

Larry Doucette wrote:
> Larry Doucette Wilmington, Mass.
> INTERNET:75227.1641@compuserve.com
> USDA Zone 5B  -15 F - 12 miles No. of Boston & 12 miles inland
>          I'm showing my signature first  so you'll know where I'm coming from
> when I say -  ___"we just received  over  twelve (12) feet of snow___"
> if  it  wasn't all rain,  that is! (and it's  _still_  coming down...)    We
> call 'em   No' easters'  ..  Only  in this case it sucked loads of water from
> the hurricane called Lilly  located way out at sea..
> Now I know how most of Virginia felt a few weeks ago...

Oh, my!  Last night I talked with my daughter who is a Soph. at Colby
College in Maine, and she related an interesting sight.  Hundreds of
crows in a huge flock, so big she couldn't see the end of them for quite
awhile, flying WEST, not south, over the campus, and as they flew over,
all the campus crows flew up and joined them. These local crows winter
over there, so she was making sure they weren't flying south. She
figures they were trying to get away from the storm they *knew* was
coming from Lili!

Barb Johnson, ljohnson@cland.net  SW Missouri, Zone 5b