Re: RE Japanese Rebloom

>I have given a couple of the society members rhizomes from the
>rebloomers and they say that the plants just keep putting up bloom stalks.
>Karin Hinsen

Karin, the seedlings you have sound most remarkable.  I suggest you should
put your own seedling number on each that has been reblooming, and send a
piece of each to two or three Japanese iris experts.  I would imagine Bob and
John at Ensata Gardens would test them out for you, and probably Carol Warner
in Md.  Also send them as guests to the next Japanese Iris
Convention....unfortunately, I'm not sure where that is going to be or
when....John Coble at Ensata Gardens can advise on this.  There may be
something remarkable about your climate that is producing this rebloom, and
perhaps they will not rebloom as well elsewhere...but then perhaps they will.
 And in any case, such performance as you have experienced is most
remarkable.  MOST REMARKABLE!

Also, do the horticultural world a great service.  Send your story to Evelyn
White for the Society for Japanese Irises publication THE REVIEW.  The
members of SJI will be most interested in learning about your seedlings.  Her
address is Evelyn White, Route 2, Box 980, Auburn, ME 04210-9560.

If your seedlings will perform in Japan as they do for you, you are going to
be very famous in Japan.  If you send me a rhizome of each numbered seedling
that has rebloomed, I will arrange to send them to Hiroshi Shimizu in Japan
to try over there.  Mr. Shimizu is a Japanese iris breeder, and a Director of
the Japan Iris Society.  I know he would be very interested in these
seedlings.

 Clarence Mahan in VA  P.S. If you are sending the seedlings to me to send to
Japan, let me know in advance of the number and on what date I could expect
them.