>> Why do you say the Siberian iris is the perfect garden plant?

To add to Ellen Gallagher's list:
        #?.  some cultivars of Siberians have LONG bloom seasons:
Reprise bloomed in my garden from 6/1-7/12/95 and from 6/2-7/23/96!!!

Another plus for the Siberians (in my eyes, anyway) is that they are
wonderful for arranging, allowing the designer to place the bloom where s/he
wants it (as contrasted to the "candelabra" form of TB's)

Kathy Marble
Harvard, MA
zone 5