Re:Northern Gardeners

>What is an address for this one?
>The Northern Gardeners Library  This is a series put out by the Minnesota
>State Horticultural Society and published by Voyageur Press.  There's  a
>series which is of help to those of us in the northern tier of states.
>sounds as tho it could be a best seller!!  What are some titles in the series??
>Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY

Theyt started publishing in 1991 and have put out two volumes a year at
about 10 dollars each.  The trade distribution is by:

Voyageur Pres
po box 338
Stillwater, MN 55082

The first four volumes are:

The Good Gardener
Flower Gardens
Container Gardening
Landscaping with Trees and Shrubs

I don't know about later ones.  They are specifically writen for gardeners
in Zones 3 and 4 but they do say that zone 5 gardeners may find them
helpful.  As you know, few gardening books even acknowledge there is a zone
3 or 4 except in offhand ways, so these are MY people.

Here. no leaves on trees except Oaks.  Snow fences going up along the roads.
Temp is 40 to 50 daytime cooler at night. very pleasant and the iris still
look quite perky.

Lee DeJongh   Rhinelander WI  region 2  zone 3