Re: Allegany County

Well, Kathy Marble, the town is/was Fillmore, I grew up in Hume, NY, down
the hill from Mills' Mills (the family homestead, named after ancestor --long
story) and now have relatives in Wellsville.

It's wonderful down there -- hilly, lovely town, large enough to have many
amenities, small enough to be friendly to everyone. There is a hot dog stand
that held a parade for the townsfolks in celebration of an anniversary -
we try to go to the Great Wellsville Balloon Rally each year.

My cousin and her husband live there now -- he's a librarian in the Wellsville
schools, she teaches.

Nice to find someone from home, nearly

Carolyn Schaffner